12 replies to this topic

#1 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi all,

Just coming back to scratching after a long break (about 6-7 yeasrs!), anyway i have my old faithful PMC07 pro, i modded the fader ages ago with an extra pair of rubber washers but i am looking to upgrade the line faders (both of which i had snapped the necks on years ago!). So i am after some advice as to what to do, i know P&G do up faders for the 07, do i go for replacement stock faders or is there any other faders i should have a look at?. Anyone have any first hand experience with OEM replacement line faders on an 07?. Is the Innofader worth the money to upgrade from my stock fader too?.

Cheers
Skrabble

#2 P K

P K

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

OEM faders would be an easy drop in, I think you could still find some but I'm not sure. AM&S in the US should still be the Vestax dist. not sure about other countries (get googling)

I have seen a guy with all 3 innofaders on an 07, think I saw it through the Inno site (can't remember) a little bit of a project but very possible although a little spendy.

OEM lines and an Inno Xfade would be very nice!

I have an Innofaded 07 with OEM lines and I also retro'd in some Stanton phono/line switches that have the spring loaded momentary feature (from the early sk-6's etc.) crabs off the switch! Been working on the XLR output retrofit and op-amp/cap hop up mods, I'm so lazy! but someday soonish.

#3 savagehenry

savagehenry

Blue Belt

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • DJ Name:Savagehenry.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

OG vestax lines with plenty of Caig de-oxit...

Peace.

#4 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the replies, i reckon 3 inno's would be too much money tbh. Will have a further google into some OEM or standard faders, im in the UK so will have a look about over here. Will see if i can find this Caig de-oxit too.

P K - what is this mod? "Been working on the XLR output retrofit and op-amp/cap hop up mods",

Cheers

Skrabble

#5 savagehenry

savagehenry

Blue Belt

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • DJ Name:Savagehenry.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1542wt_1037

Peace.

#6 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Cheers for that savagehenry,

do you put this on the rails and contacts of the faders or just the contacts?, i have never cracked open the line faders for oiling only done the xfader in the past.

Cheers

Skrabble

#7 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

2 P&G faders ordered aswell as the deoxit stuff. Looking forward to this. ;)

#8 P K

P K

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostSkrabble, on 13 February 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

.P K - what is this mod? "Been working on the XLR output retrofit and op-amp/cap hop up mods",

Gonna put in some XLR jacks from neutrik instead of the TRS that come stock for the outputs.

The op-amp mod (switching to a better quality ie. AD, Burr Brown etc.) has been discussed a bunch here, Willpowa got me thinking about it (op-amps are small chips in your mixer that have a lot to do with sound quality) changing caps (capacitors) is essentialy a way to modify the circuit to compliment the op-amp switch although it's a little more complicated than that (not much though)

I've got 2 07's one in mint condition the other as a project

I've talked about this before, so I do need to apologize for not getting it done and just spraying about what I'm gonna do. But I have got my 07 faceplates done and they are sweet (2 pearl white and 3 anodized black) gonna post pics soon.

#9 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

quick update, i have installed the new P&G line faders which work but the curve adjust doesnt work as it should, anyone got any ideas or experience of installing P&G faders into an 07?.

#10 mr brown

mr brown

Blue Belt

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

You shoulda copped this http://www.trusound....p?product_id=11

#11 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I bought the faders from trusound,theg are shown as line faders for the 07 but dont actuallywork prpoperly.will be calling them tomorrow to see what they say.

#12 chester

chester

Curator of the 05 Museum

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • DJ Name:Chester Copperpot

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Are your original line faders ALPS of PCV faders? The OG 07s had really useless line fader curves. There wasn't much you could to to fix. The PCV faders would help the curve a bit.

peace,
cc

#13 Skrabble

Skrabble

Mopping the dojo floor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Chester, they are Alps faders which the curves work fine on, however the replacements i got from trusound are P&G, these have no useful curve adjust, spoke to them today and he said to send the mixer and faders back to him to sort out a solution, bit of a pain as it will be a week and cost for post etc. Spoke to Vestax uk today and they have some 07 faders in stock so i might be best off ordering some off them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users