10 replies to this topic

#1 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • DJ Name:TENSHUN / SKRAPEZ

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi everyone, i have a Vestax Pmc-05 pro II and wanna add the old Serato sl 1 box inside of it. I took apart the Mixer and there looks like there is enough space for me to put the Serato box inside of it.

The Problem i am having is identifying the Phono input and Line inputs on the RCA jacks. I took a multimeter and poked around there to see where they connect but it seems to be beeping everywhere i poke!

If someone out there had any luck adding the Serato box to there mixer could you help me out or possibly show pictures of where you soldered the wires to.

Any help would be great.

peace!

#2 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Is there anyone out there that has any input on this?

I saw in a old post in here that some one had luck Installing it on a Vestax Pmc Pro 05 4. Over here http://www.skratchlo...nal-serato-sl1/ but the link in there does not work.

I also looked over at this guys set up:

http://scotched.tumb...side-your-mixer

to follow the directions except the rca layout of the 05 pro is way different.

any help would be great.

#3 ciscoelnino

ciscoelnino

Black Belt

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

all the ground and shields will be the same, just the RCA tip will be different, double check on the multimeter. i think 05 pro 2 RCA jacks are different than the orginal 05 pro so i cant test my on my own ish

#4 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thank you for the reply. I will poke around again to see if i get a better reading. once i figure it out i will let everyone know. ill also post some pictures if i get it up and running with the correct solder points and how i fit the Sl-1 inside of the mixer.

#5 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Well i poked around the mixer and found the correct RCA points for the phone and line inputs. I then connected wires to the Sl-1 and tried it out and its not working. When its in line mode there is no sound and when i switch it to phono i can barely hear the serato tone.

I look at the scope reading and all i get a diagonal line.

There must be something im doing wrong.

Has anyone had any luck installing the Sl-1 in a Vestax mixer?

#6 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

I got some progress! I took some fresh Cables and wired everything up carefully. When i turn on Serato it reads the records and i get perfect circles also when i switch to phono i can hear the serato tone.

The only downside now is that when i switch it to line mode i cant get any sound! I wonder if its some grounding issues? I know its not the cables because they are perfectly fresh.

I'm really close to getting this to work.

If anyone can chime with any help that would be great.

I will keep you posted if i get any progress.

#7 ciscoelnino

ciscoelnino

Black Belt

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

have you tried, taking the serato RCA outputs and try directly using Line-in RCAs?

#8 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I figured out something strange that makes Serato work! I found out that if i put a RCA cable in the left input of the line on the mixer. It plays the sounds and everything works.
Its really strange but im happy that it works!

Any ideas why it does that? Either way i'm excited to have my mixer running now!

I will post some pics when i put the mixer back together.

#9 ciscoelnino

ciscoelnino

Black Belt

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

if you put an RCA cable in there and it works, i would double check your soldering, or just try hook up wire for now or even aligator clips. good to hear it works!

#10 tenshun

tenshun

White Belt

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Here are some pictures of my progress that i made.
Posted Image
Here is a view of the back of the mixer with the usb connection. As you can see i have some dead RCA jacks in the line area. For some reason that makes it work.

Posted Image
Here is the inside of the mixer i used some RCA plugs then cut them and soldered them to the phone and line points.
Everything fits perfectly when closed up.

#11 ciscoelnino

ciscoelnino

Black Belt

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

side note, if you are going to use bubble wrap try to use anti-static bubble wrap to save you from those IC's, Op-Amp's etc going bad from static electricity. bubble wrap tends to have some form static electricity. over all nice work

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with vestax, vestax pmc-05, Serato sl 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users