33 replies to this topic

#1 cinq

cinq

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • DJ Name:Alexkidd

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

I'm sure that this topic has been discussed before and i don't mean to tire any of you, but i going to give a serious amount of money here and i want to be absolutely sure of my final choice...
I don't have plan for effects, I am scratching hamster, scratching for 5 months and without plans for upgrading a fader for the next 2 years. I will use it at home and in live performances. I am from Greece.
That's all the info you'll porobably need to help me out.... Thanx in advance.

Edit: i borrowed money for it so no genrocities here :unsure:

#2 Supacuts

Supacuts

Grumpy Old Scratcher

• Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

I think at this level, there's so little difference in each machine, I'd go for the one that simply "looks" the best (IMHO, the Rane)! lol Not what you wanna hear at these prices, I know - sorry!

Is there nowhere you can go to actually try them all out? I suppose DJ megastores with real humans in them and auditioning stations are becoming rarer and rarer. :(

#3 Gizmo

Gizmo

The Big Boss

• Admin
  • 5,881 posts
  • DJ Name:Gizmo

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

You really need to try the Rane and Ecler for the fader feel. They really are night and day. While people often talk about how great the Rane really is. there are some who cannot get past the unique feel of the fader. The Eternal in the Eclers is incredibly light and smooth - too smooth for some.

#4 sinjintek

sinjintek

Black Belt

• Members
  • 2,236 posts
  • DJ Name:Yoon

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

^ Agreed. Both mixers will serve your purpose without question, but it's how well either one will work for YOU that will determine which is the better mixer. honestly, if it were as simple as one over the other, you probably wouldn't be asking this question in the first place.

sorry we can't make it easy for you.

#5 props to the finger

props to the finger

Green Belt

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Rodec scratchbox is what you need.

non-contact fader for scratching. nice linefader curves. QLR-outputs for live performances. Sound quality is great. Build quality is top notch.

problem is that it's a bit expensive. $250 more expensive than both the hak 380 and ttm56s. and it doesn't have a universal powersupply, so you'd have to use a transformer if you buy it outside of europe.

if it's out of range and since you're not gonna use effects, i'd say the hak 380. it's got all you need.

if you find out that you don't like the fader that much you have the alternative to upgrade to the innofader PRO. if you do this make sure it's an innofader pro with a green sticker on it, because that will fit the mixer natively.

#6 cinq

cinq

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

The one and only reason i am asking you is cause I am not able to try any of them cause:
a] I don't know anyone that scratches
b] Here is Greece and Greece is a village so... not a single shop to give me the chance of the trial in one of these mixers... NOT A SINGLE SHOP!!!
It's out of question that it's all personal preference. I know it.
My head's a mess... I'll figure out something...
P.S.: no money for scratchbox + it's more rare than kryptonite here in greece...

#7 props to the finger

props to the finger

Green Belt

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

hak 380 it is.

considering that you don't use effects and you'll probably on a later point have to use fourchannel mixers, because that's usually what liveclubs have, and those mixers use 45mm crossfaders and 60mm linefaders.

my opinion.

#8 Joe Kimble

Joe Kimble

Yellow Belt

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • DJ Name:Joe Kimble

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Here is a thought: There is a mixer that few people talk about, but is a great one. The Mackie D2 Pro. The sound is Great, and the Faders & Crossfader are amazing. The Crossfader has really an amazing feeling and is customizable. Only thing, you have to clean it from time to time to keep the nice feeling it originally has. Also, the EQs of this mixer are really great and the mixer is pretty... It's cheaper than all the mixers mentioned above ... Posted Image

#9 cinq

cinq

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

I already knew about mackie pro but there is no such thing as this here in greece sadly...

But instead of this i found a used djm 909 at the price of 700-750 euro and i consider this option too.
But the most possible to happen is to buy the ecler 360 as it wont dissapoint me as you said,  having under consideration that it's the cheapest solution for me..

#10 Joe Kimble

Joe Kimble

Yellow Belt

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • DJ Name:Joe Kimble

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

DeLarge, on 22 April 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I already knew about mackie pro but there is no such thing as this here in greece sadly...

But instead of this i found a used djm 909 at the price of 700-750 euro and i consider this option too.
But the most possible to happen is to buy the ecled 360 as it want dissapoint as you said and havind under consideration that it's the cheapest solution for me..

Yea, the 360 is dope, with those Eternal faders. The EQs are good as well (I used to be on a 320 and liked the EQs even then)...

Used, in good shape, you can find it for 300€...

#11 Motek

Motek

Green Belt

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I have a Hak 360, my buddy has a ttm56.

I love the 360, but if I am honest I prefer the feel of the fader and the overall build quality of the 56.

You wont be disappointed with a 360/80 but if you can I would spring the extra and get a 56.

FYI the average ebay price of a used 360 is £200, the average selling price of a used 56 is £400

I have seen auctions which ship to Europe.

#12 sinjintek

sinjintek

Black Belt

• Members
  • 2,236 posts
  • DJ Name:Yoon

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

You can't go wrong with the HAK360, really you can't go wrong with ANY of the mixers discussed. each one may have it's individual characteristic that you might prefer over another...but overall you talking on a pretty balanced scale here.

(going out on a limb here, at only 5mos. of scratch experience i'm not so sure you could really make a solid decision even if you did have hands-on access to try out these mixers. whatever you end up with, use it for all it's worth...only time can tell you how to determine what you want)

Out of the choices you just gave, I'd say go for the DJM909 if you can swing the cost...but that's just my opinion if it were me, it's a quality mixer that gives you better options for a broad range of DJ purpose. if you can't don't fret if you end up with a 360, trust me there are better scratchers than all of us who are working with less i'm sure.

#13 cinq

cinq

Orange Belt

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

I am the definition of the 'indecisive person'.... I ordered an A&H xone:02 for 350 euros and i'll stick an inno in it!
Thank you all for the help and the advice anyway! Plus I LOVE SKRATCHWORX

#14 props to the finger

props to the finger

Green Belt

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

DeLarge, on 05 May 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am the definition of the 'indecisive person'.... I ordered an A&H xone:02 for 350 euros and i'll stick an inno in it!
Thank you all for the help and the advice anyway! Plus I LOVE SKRATCHWORX

nice, the xone:02 will serve you well! just be sure that you buy the INNOFADER PRO and not the regular innofader!
the innofader is the industry's best fader aswell! i love my inno inside my vestax pmc 007! and i loved my xone:02 while i had it and i really regret selling it today!

#15 jazzroom

jazzroom

Yellow Belt

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi to all Scratch Gurus :)
i've been looking for a descent 2 channel mixer
with good EQs and crossfader.
I am aiming at Ecler Nuo 2.0 second hand for maybe around 225 € max ...
But came across Ecler HAK 360 ( 6 years old) for 360€ .
Should i go for HAK 360 trying to negotiate the Price down how much do they go now days?
or better get Nuo 2.0 that is only year old and has nô issues with Loop FX like HAK's ?

thanks in advance for any ideas

#16 Jayo

Jayo

Brown Belt

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

jazzroom, on 10 April 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Hi to all Scratch Gurus :)
i've been looking for a descent 2 channel mixer
with good EQs and crossfader.
I am aiming at Ecler Nuo 2.0 second hand for maybe around 225 € max ...
But came across Ecler HAK 360 ( 6 years old) for 360€ .
Should i go for HAK 360 trying to negotiate the Price down how much do they go now days?
or better get Nuo 2.0 that is only year old and has nô issues with Loop FX like HAK's ?

thanks in advance for any ideas

the Nuo2.0 might have a soft crossfader curve (even when u upgrade to an eternal fader wich cost about 130 Euro)
so id go for the Hak360...over here i just saw one for 250 Euro in good condition..that would be the lowest price possible.
The effects loop on the 360 is not great but better than the 380.

#17 jazzroom

jazzroom

Yellow Belt

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

scratchrobot, on 10 April 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

the Nuo2.0 might have a soft crossfader curve (even when u upgrade to an eternal fader wich cost about 130 Euro)
so id go for the Hak360...over here i just saw one for 250 Euro in good condition..that would be the lowest price possible.
The effects loop on the 360 is not great but better than the 380.

thanks for reply :)
i've read that only earlier models of NUO 2.0 up below serial number 128940001 had those cross fader curve bug,
but the one i am aiming at is only year old and has the recent serial number , should it be OK than?

I kinda like the smallprint of the NUO 2.0 and the improved FX loop, as i am defenitely would use some FX send/recieve if using it LIVE or for production.

About the Ecler HAK 360 : its 6 years old and i am not sure of the condition of the Iternal fader ( even the seller tels me its all fine) ,
as Ecler gives 5 year warranty on it... maybe its on its way already and i would need to invest in a new crossfader thats like 170 euros for Eternal ..

and the dude is asking 390 euros before shipping for that 6 years old used HAK 360 ...

thats way beyond my budget witch is about 250 euros at the moment :(

I've also came across couple of really old Vestax PMC 07 Pro's one of witch is Made in Japan and has a broken Input Switch , but is
about 130 euros with shipping - witch looks like a bargain , providing i can find the Input switch replacement and maybe new crossfader?

Another Vestax PMC 07 Pro with leaking crossfader that sells for 200 euros after shipping - is it a better investment?

I am very undecided where to put my hard earned cash?

#18 Jayo

Jayo

Brown Belt

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

jazzroom, on 10 April 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

thanks for reply :)
i've read that only earlier models of NUO 2.0 up below serial number 128940001 had those cross fader curve bug,
but the one i am aiming at is only year old and has the recent serial number , should it be OK than?

I kinda like the smallprint of the NUO 2.0 and the improved FX loop, as i am defenitely would use some FX send/recieve if using it LIVE or for production.

About the Ecler HAK 360 : its 6 years old and i am not sure of the condition of the Iternal fader ( even the seller tels me its all fine) ,
as Ecler gives 5 year warranty on it... maybe its on its way already and i would need to invest in a new crossfader thats like 170 euros for Eternal ..

and the dude is asking 390 euros before shipping for that 6 years old used HAK 360 ...

thats way beyond my budget witch is about 250 euros at the moment :(

I've also came across couple of really old Vestax PMC 07 Pro's one of witch is Made in Japan and has a broken Input Switch , but is
about 130 euros with shipping - witch looks like a bargain , providing i can find the Input switch replacement and maybe new crossfader?

Another Vestax PMC 07 Pro with leaking crossfader that sells for 200 euros after shipping - is it a better investment?

I am very undecided where to put my hard earned cash?

ur welcome..

If u wanna scratch a lot then the fader on the Nuo2.0 might wear out so ull eventually want to replace it with the eternal so the total cost would be 225 + 170 = 395

I would trust the seller of the 360 cause i bought a 5 yr old 2nd hand before and i didnt have any issues with the faders..but yeah make sure to use paypal so ur protected but i think 390 is too expensive...try to make a deal for 350 if u decide to go for it.

The PMC07 would need a CF-PCV replacement wich will cost arounf 70 Euro, or an innofader but be aware that the cut-in curve is pretty big on these old mixers, like 3mm...and the PMC07 doesn't have effects/send return. Also the linefaders dont have a sharp cut.

I would prob go for the Nuo.2.0 cause i like the compact size and it has effects send rotation knobs and like a 3rd channel in the middle. I had one a few years ago but the older model so i sold it but its a nice looking mixer and EQ kill is a nice xtra feat.

#19 jazzroom

jazzroom

Yellow Belt

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

yes you are right,
since i can't even use my Gemini FX-700 badly bleeding bulky crossfader and don't feel like investing another 40 euros in so called Gemini "Pro" fader
that i just don't trust as a company anymore.

I'd rather go with the NUO 2.0 to start learning my beginners scratches with "out of the box " crossfader and than later, when needed,
to upgrade to a better crossfader Eternal or Innofader.

But HAK 360 is a bit overpriced and looks like bulky and more limited ( FX loop) than NUO 2.0

so u think its better to stay away from old vintage Vestax PMC mixers as they are limited and might need lots of servicing to get up n running?

#20 Jayo

Jayo

Brown Belt

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

jazzroom, on 10 April 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

so u think its better to stay away from old vintage Vestax PMC mixers as they are limited and might need lots of servicing to get up n running?

Yeah the vintage ones dont have fx option and could have fader issues...they r not worth that much anymore unless u got a limited edition qbert 05/ samurai/black 07

The 360 is a bit too expensive for being 6 yrs old.

So yeah the Nuo2.0 would be a safe choice for now and if needed upgrade later on with Innofader Pro or Eternal but read the review first so that u know what to expect with the stock faders.

http://www.skratchwo...iews/nuo2_0.php

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users